millialani: (Default)
[personal profile] millialani
I've had a book on my shelf for years now that I kept solely because I wanted to re-read it before I gave it away and never got around to reading. I finally finished it today, and my opinion on it is that it was incredibly average. The storytelling was just fine enough to keep the frankly unremarkable stories from being too lackluster, but not enough to really make a lasting impression. I know remember why I'd read it so long ago and then proceeded to forget any details of it immediately after.

That's not to say it was awful, it was a good way to pass the time but unfortunately that's all it really ended up being.

Date: 2025-07-30 03:57 pm (UTC)
cmcmck: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cmcmck
I've just finished reading Ava Reid's 'Lady Macbeth' and feel much the same way about it.

An American author who doesn't really 'get' early medieval Scottish history.

Profile

millialani: (Default)
Mishka

January 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
4 5 678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 11:29 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios